CHIEF is seeking a Digital Marketing Strategist with a curious mind and creative approach to designing strategies and campaigns that make a tremendous impact. The ideal candidate will have broad expertise in the marketing field, with the ability to flex to the needs of our highly diverse clients. Skills and experience should span SEO/SEM, social media, content strategy, brand as well as media and public relations disciplines.
- Conduct research and discovery activities in order to clearly define a client’s value proposition, target audiences, competitive market environment and key performance indicators.
- Plan, develop, and execute marketing and communication strategies using a variety of channels (e.g., website, email newsletters, social media, multimedia).
- Research and produce content and copy for a variety of efforts which might include SEO strategies, paid media campaigns, social media and community engagement, brand positioning, websites, print collateral, email and influencer marketing.
- Conduct all aspects of SEO research and strategy development, including website evaluation, keyword research, link building, content development, distribution and optimization, and other associated activities.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate digital campaigns using tools such as Google Analytics, AdWords, media campaign reporting tools, media research tools (e.g. GfK MRI, comScore), or third party social media tools (e.g., Facebook, Twitter).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams as appropriate including design, development, user experience, and project management.
- Maintains awareness of emerging and innovative approaches to engaging with and activating audiences through the digital space.
- Minimum of 3 years communications or marketing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of leading client-facing engagements
- Strong proofreading skills
- Experience with analytics and planning tools including Google Analytics, AdWords, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console and others
- Self-directed with ability to work without oversight and collaboratively on cross-functional teams
- Capable of managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Must hold Bachelor’s Degree and be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with public sector organizations desired, but not required