As a Drupal developer with a front-end focus at our headquarters in Dupont Circle or our satellite location in Portland, OR, you’ll develop responsive themes, perform site building, and test modules. You'll use Bundler and Grunt (experience with these preferred, but not necessarily required) to automate what you can, so you can focus on writing clean, performant code. You’ll work with our team of developers, designers, UXers, strategists, and project managers to develop and maintain Drupal websites.
At CHIEF, we take Drupal development seriously, and we hope you do too. Our developers have presented on creating custom page layouts with integrated media, planning and conducting content migrations, building intuitive administrative interfaces, and creating Drupal themes with Sass. If that sounds like the environment for you, shoot us your resume and let us know why you’d be a great fit.
Please state in your message whether you're applying for a DC position, or one in Portland.
- Perform site-building activities, including creating and modifying views, contexts and blocks in order to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs.
- Create responsive Drupal themes using Sass.
- Install and test Drupal modules.
- Evaluate designs, wireframes and other deliverables during the design and user experience phase for potential development issues and flag feasibility challenges when needed.
- Conduct peer review of code created by other developers.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients.
- Prototype functionality for internal and client review.
- Experience creating Drupal themes from scratch based on design comps.
- Expert HTML and CSS skills.
- Experience with Sass.
- Experience with Drupal front-end development and configuration.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Familiarity with grid-based responsive web design.
- Ability to estimate time and level of effort for development tasks.
- Experience with Drush.
- Familiarity with PHP development.
- Basic understanding of accessibility best practices, Section 508 compliance and/or WCAG 2.0 standards.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years professional web development experience, 2+ years of experience with Drupal.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- U.S. citizenship.