At CHIEF, we work on large-scale websites that range from 3,000 pages to 60,000 pages, and sound content strategy is critical for success. Our technical content strategist will perform in-depth analyses of existing site content to create content types, assess technical and functional needs, direct migration efforts, and perform migration QA. We’re looking for an individual who is a detail-oriented creative thinker who can break large content challenges down into smaller parts. Day to day, you'll be working closely with clients, UX designers, and developers, as well as with the wider CHIEF team of marketing strategists, designers, and project managers.
Senior applicants will also be considered for this position.
- Work directly with clients to understand their long-term vision for their content, translate it into content type definitions and migration direction, and create workflow/governance documents providing client instruction on how to maintain their content long-term.
- Conduct content inventories and assess existing content to identify new content types.
- Define the essential information that must be part of each content type, both fields and related content elements that should be pulled in dynamically.
- Define taxonomy vocabularies and terms, and specify which vocabularies should be able to be used by users to filter content.
- Plan content migrations by demonstrating how existing content will map to new content types and positions within the information architecture.
- Create client-facing deliverables including workflow/governance documents, content management training guides, taxonomy documentation, and content migration plans.
- Serve as a content subject matter expert throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Perform migration QA using both manual and automated techniques (training in automated techniques provided).
- 3+ years working with content management systems, preferably Drupal and WordPress.
- Experience working closely with developers to create functional specifications.
- Understanding of user experience principles.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Understanding of Drupal site building, particularly content types and views.
- Experience working on websites with 3,000+ pages.