As a developer at our headquarters in Dupont Circle, you’ll develop responsive WordPress sites. You’ll use Sass, Bundler and Grunt (past experience with these preferred, but not necessarily required) to automate what you can, so you can focus on writing clean, performant code. You’ll work with our team of developers, designers, UXers, strategists, and project managers to develop and maintain WordPress websites.
At CHIEF, we take front-end development seriously, and we hope you do too. Our development team has presented on theming, animations, accessibility, and building more intuitive administrative interfaces. If that sounds like the environment for you, shoot us your resume and let us know why you’d be a great fit.
- Develop responsive, standards-compliant HTML and CSS3 themes for WordPress.
- Create WordPress plugins as needed.
- Evaluate designs, wireframes and other deliverables during the design and user experience phase for potential development issues and flag problems appropriately.
- Conduct peer review of themes created by other developers.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display in major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS and Android platforms.
- Clearly communicate the intricacies of complex web development issues, acting as a subject matter expert both internally across departments and externally with clients.
- Perform site-building activities, including creating and modifying views, contexts and blocks in order to match functionality specified in wireframes and designs.
- Install, test and debug WordPress plugins.
- Prototype functionality for internal and client review.
- Experience creating and modifying WordPress themes.
- Expert HTML & CSS skills with full understanding of web standards and responsive design techniques.
- Familiarity with Sass.
- Experience with Git version control.
- Familiarity with grid-based responsive web design.
- Ability to estimate time and level of effort accurately for front-end development tasks.
- Ability to manipulate and slice PSDs and InDesign files.
- Experience with WP-CLI.
- Experience developing WordPress plugins.
- Familiarity with PHP development.
- Basic understanding of accessibility best practices, Section 508 compliance and/or WCAG 2.0 standards.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2+ years professional web development experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
- U.S. citizenship.