Art Directors are the creative engine at CHIEF. They are masters of their craft—relentlessly passionate about design, and driven to get hands-on and knee-deep to create transformative work. Our art directors are on the front lines, working alongside UX, strategy and tech team members to shape ideas that have the power to inspire. They are mentors to our junior designers, setting aside time to guide them and build them up, while always allowing room for them to grow and thrive independently, too.
Think you have what it takes to join our ranks? BE BRAVE, step up and show us what you’ve got. Creative, conceptual, technical and social excellence are critical. Get these elements to shine through and the future will be bright!
What You'll Do
- Conceive and develop amazing brand identity concepts with a level of passion and drive that inspires
- Collaborate with strategists and creative copywriters to build holistic brand concepts, as well as key roll-out materials including the development of brand identities, typography and brand aesthetic signals, as well as corporate brand materials and custom design concepts for digital channels.
- Work hands-on with junior designers to elevate their craft
- Apply brand-centric thinking to the interactive space, working under the supervision of and/or along with senior interactive design practitioners to deliver high-impact web experiences
- Present your ideas—to peers and clients—with confidence and clarity
- Receive critique of your ideas with poise and positivity
- Seek direction and insight from senior design team members to elevate your work
What It Takes
- An impressive portfolio that demonstrates exceptional client work
- A desire to push design thinking and execution beyond perceived limits
- Solid illustration skills
- 5+ years agency experience working within a team of designers of varying experience
- Experience supervising designers
- The ability to thrive in small, cross-discipline project team scenarios
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite; familiarity with Google Docs and MS Office a big plus
- Hold, or have previously held, a Senior Designer role
- Degree in design, fine arts or a related field